To change your name on your Facebook profile (Facebook does require you use your own (real) name … but if you wanted to add your middle name, for example here’s how you do that:
- Click on the small white triangle at far upper right of your Facebook page.
- Scroll down and select ‘Account Settings’ – you should now see ‘General Account Settings’
- One of the items listed is your ‘Name’. Click on the ‘edit’ button behind your name.
This opens the menu where you can modify your Facebook Name (this is the name of your Facebook Profile).
- Make your change – edit your name, add your middle name, and/or add a nickname (or maiden name) under the ‘Alternate Name’ box
- When done you are asked to enter your Facebook Password and click ‘Save Changes’.
NOTE: the other ‘Username’ is the website address or URL that guides folks to your Facebook Profile page.
Facebook does indicate this can take 24+ hours to make this change on your Profile.